The following five modules culminate in the completion of the Spa Specialist Program. Modules may be taken individually or toward completion of the full program. You may choose to immerse yourself in an intensive course of study to accelerate your Ayurvedic practice immediately or complete courses as your schedule will allow gradually building on each aspect of your practice.
*Students will be eligible to receive advanced standing and/or transfer credit toward further Ayurvedic studies through CAISH (Centre for Ayurveda & Indian Systems of Healing)
Introduction to Ayurveda is the entry level module and acts as the prerequisite for all additional modules.
[learn_more caption=”Course Outline”] Introduction to Ayurveda
- Ayurveda Theory
- Personal Dosha Evaluation: mind, body type
- Prerequisite for all modules
Module One: Indian Head Massage
- Techniques for the three doshas
- Customization of essential oils for Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Ayurveda and the Mind Theory
- Scalp Marma Therapy Points
- Basic Facial Marma Therapy Psychology
Module Two: Ayurvedic Facial
- Facial Vedic Psychosomatic Interpretation
- The Emotions and the Face
- The Three Vedic Faces: Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Customization of herbs, yogurt, fruits, honey, and other natural organic food for the face
- The Facial Detoxification Massage
- Facial Cleansing Procedures
- The Nabi Treatment (abdominal massage)
- Marma Therapy for Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- The Three Ayurvedic Facials: Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Rituals Product Profiles
- Introduction to Ayurveda Skincare Products & Opportunities
Module Three: Tri Dosha Mind & Body Therapy
- Introduction to Cosmic Anatomy
- The Gunas and Body Rocking
- Customization of Essential Oils for Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- The Elemental Dance
- The Five Pranas
- Abhyanga: The Ayurvedic Massage Technique Sequence
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Sacred Herbs
- Ayurvedic Full Body Exfoliation Treatment
- Introduction to Sacred Bathing Vedic Style
- The Aura Chakra Cleanse with Gemstones
Module Four: Ayurveda Hand & Foot Therapy
- Introduction to Marma Therapy of the Hand and Feet
- The Customization of the Sacred Herbs, Oils and Sugars for Hand & Foot Treatments
- The Ayurveda Foot and Hand Massage Treatment Sequence
Module Five: Clinical Practicum
- Client Case Studies & Instruction
- Final Exam
Teachings are handed down from teacher to student in the ageless oral tradition combined with interactive hands on learning.
Group, private and semi private classes are available. Depending on your learning style, objectives for training and scheduling needs, you are encouraged to consider these options carefully. Each option provides great benefits for you as a student.
East & West Locations: Toronto & Lethbridge
Training is available in Toronto, Ontario and Lethbridge, Alberta. Schedules are available for you to plan ahead. Onsite accommodations are available during training in Lethbridge.
- Single occupancy – $75 per night
- Double occupancy – $50 per night
- Meal Plan – $25 per day
Private time is encouraged after dinner for the benefit of integrating the teachings and ensuring rejuvenation for subsequent days of training. Common areas are available to students during class hours and will be unavailable to students after dinner.
[learn_more caption=”Registration Requirements”] We require the following information to process your registration. Please provide the following information via email@example.com (copy and paste following details into email message)
Date of Birth:
Special Dietary Needs:
Brief outline of goals and objectives:
Course Start Date:
Download the complete Spa Specialist Student Guide for a complete FAQ and details!