- This event has passed.
Indian Hand and Foot Therapy
November 24, 2017CAD $300
Padabhyanga: India is a country of great diversity and as there are many dialects so there are various methods of Padabhyanga. However, stimulating the movement of energy is accepted across various styles of practice as a way of stimulating acupressure points. Massage of the marma (pressure) balances individual body type and is very helpful with addressing insomnia, fatigue and cramps.Foot massage in India is commonly practiced as a daily ritual, especially before retiring at night. One Indian saying summarizes this practice nicely: “Disease does not go near one who massages his feet before sleeping, just as snakes do not approach eagles.”
Hasta Abhyanga or Ayurvedic hand therapy alleviate tiredness, aches & pains leaving hands feeling light and refreshed. An infusion of medicinal flowers and herbs is massaged into the hands and arms to dissolve stress and tension and restore suppleness to the joints. Marma points – our physical and energetic centres – are stimulated, intensifying the healing process and improving inflammatory disorders such as arthritis and rheumatism. Regular Indian Hand Massage is highly effective in alleviating arthritic and rheumatic aches, painful joints and Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Introduction to Ayurveda – understanding your Ayurveda Constitution
- The 5 Mahabhutas, (5 Great Elements)
- The Elemental theory for hands and feet
- The Vata Hand and Foot analysis
- The Pitta Hand and Foot analysis
- The Kapha Hand and Foot analysis
- Ayurveda hand massage therapy
- Marmas therapy for hands and feet
- Massage techniques for VPK for hands and feet